We have decided to create our characters due to a report that was shown to me in 2017 by Harvey Lewis a consultant for Ernest and Young Named Rethinking Education.
The main points from the presentation was that the job market was going to change and as we have been part of the 3 industrial revolutions already and the 4th one was going to be on Artificial Intelligence and Robotics.
The report suggests that 35% of UK Jobs are at High Risk of automation in the next 10-20 years which equates to more than 11m jobs.
Nearly half of all tasks undertaken in standard occupations could be automated today.
“The World is changing too quickly to teach kids everything they need to know; they must be given the methods and means to teach themselves. This means creative problem-solving, dynamic collaboration online and off, real time research and the ability to modify and make their own digital tools”.
Deep Thinking: Where Machine Intelligence Ends and Human Creativity Begins
Please find attached report for further information.
As such the Peapods Values and Dispositions have been born: world is
- How to teach children our values
- Children love animals and they learning ie. Disney Characters, Peppa Pig, Mickey Mouse, Peter Rabbit..
- Myself and Aash have come up with a Disposition model to underpin PEAPODS values by regrouping them in 8 different effective learning friends
- So today we are going to introduce to you 8 animals that are Peapods children’s friends…
- We are going to introduce these friends on termly basis according to the seasons…
Autumn: – Concentration through Eric the Elephant
– Perseverance through Terry the triceratops
– Empathy through Daisy the Dog
Spring: – Communication and Collaboration through Bertie the Bee
– Independence through Kitty the Cat
Summer: – Curiosity through Malcom the Meerkat
– Imagination through Dave the Dragon
– Risk Taking through Shaun the Shark
- This will need to be linked to Planning as a FOCUS AREA
- Stories of the week based on the character
- Animal of the month
- These dispositions are linked to the characteristics of effective learning which are;
- Playing and exploring
- Active Learning
- Creating and thinking critically
- A fun way of implementing characteristics of effective learning.